Apprentice Business Support – Solenis
Apprentice Business Support
Solenis is a leading global producer of specialty chemicals, focused on delivering sustainable solutions for water-intensive industries, including the pulp, packaging paper and board, tissue and towel, oil and gas, petroleum refining, chemical processing, mining, biorefining, power, municipal, and pool and spa markets. The company’s product portfolio includes a broad array of water treatment chemistries, process aids and functional additives, as well as state-of-the-art monitoring
and control systems. These technologies are used by customers to improve operational efficiencies, enhance product quality, protect plant assets, minimize environmental impact and maintain healthy water. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, the company has 47 manufacturing facilities strategically located around the globe and employs a team of over 6,000 professionals in 120 countries across five continents. Solenis is a 2021 US Best Managed Company.
Duties & Responsibilities of our Business Support Opportunity:
Business Support Apprentices develop specialist skills through working with various technical specialists and professionals to support with the administration duties required to keep a Chemical plant running.
You will develop the ability to:
• Operate our specialist I.T. systems and become a technical expert in processing some of our transactions within the systems.
• Work across a range of operational teams, gaining experience in different business areas, supporting administrative tasks and projects.
• Carry out administrative tasks and responsibilities both related to a manufacturing environment and corporate social responsibility.
• Sustain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Work alongside Project Managers to support with both small and large scale projects across the site.
• Working as part of a team to identify opportunities for improvements across the business.
• You will have 5 GCSE’s including Maths, English, and a Science grade 4-9 or equivalent standard (predicted or actual).
• You will have an excellent attitude towards safe working, excellent IT skills, effective communication skills and the ability to follow procedures with a methodical approach.
• You must have the logical ability to solve problems in a timely manner, and the ability to stay calm in difficult situations.
• You will be able to demonstrate flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to work as part of a team.
• You must be self-driven and have an enthusiastic approach to work, a desire to succeed and a willingness to listen and learn.
• You will also have a good timekeeping and attendance record and must be able to carry out work in accordance with employer’s health & safety guidelines
Low Moor, Bradford.