Would your company benefit from employing an apprentice?

A young person who can take over a range of business administration and/or customer service activities.  NBC will help find the right person, saving you time and the cost of advertising.  NBC will select suitable applicants for you to interview, will support the induction process and then monitor the training towards apprenticeship completion.

The business administration apprenticeship framework will incorporate the relevant National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) and any additional support required for Maths, English and ICT.

The customer service practitioner standard incorporates on programme assessment and mock assessments, which then prepares the apprentice to pass through the Gateway and undertake the End Point Assessment (EPA). The EPA for this standard includes an Apprenticeship Showcase from the learner, a practical observation in the workplace and a professional discussion with an independent end point assessor.

Training can take place during half day release in the training centre or at your own premises.  NBC staff will visit your premises on a regular basis to support your apprentice and you will be encouraged to get involved with the assessment procedure and the reviews.  You will also be provided with a Supervisor Guide from the offset to assist you with successful mentoring of your apprentice.

You will be amazed at the difference an apprentice can make to your business, these young people are keen to get involved and take responsibility, a real asset bringing new ideas to the place of work.

You may also be eligible for a government incentive for employing an apprentice aged 16-18, subject to eligibility and availability.

Would your current staff benefit from upskilling?

National Business College are not only dedicated to enabling young people to gain qualifications, but are also dedicated to allowing people of any age the chance to upskill their wealth of knowledge and gain a recognised qualification.

NBC can offer employed staff the chance to undertake the following qualifications:

  • Customer Service Practitioner standard
  • Business Administration Level 3
  • Team Leader/Supervisor standard
  • Operations/Departmental Manager standard

For more information about upskilling yourself or your staff, please contact us on 01484 430433 or email recruitment@nationalbusinesscollege.co.uk.

How are apprenticeships funded?

As of Spring 2017, the Government changed the way apprenticeships are funded. Employers are now expected to invest in the future of apprenticeships.

Employers with an annual wage bill of £3 million or higher in England now pay the apprenticeship levy.  The apprenticeship levy is a 0.5% tax on their payroll. The Government hopes the change will help to bridge the skills gap by encouraging more businesses to invest in future talent and help it fulfil its pledge to create three million more apprenticeships in the UK by 2020.

Employers with a wage bill of less than £3 million are asked to contribute 10% of the funds, with the Government funding the remaining 90%.  There is an exception for employers who take on an apprentice aged 16-18 and employ less than 49 members of staff – in this case the Government will fund 100% of the apprenticeship training.

For more information about the costs applicable to you, please contact us via email or telephone.

The apprenticeship logo is available to download to use on company letterhead or other corporate literature. To request the logo, please contact us.

If  you’re an employer and would like to join our mailing list/newsletter, please enter your email address below: