Apprentice Medical Receptionist – Birkby Health Centre
Apprentice Medical Receptionist
Birkby Health Centre
The practice was established in December 1986 on Norwood Road then after almost thirteen years relocated in to purpose built premises in December 1997.
NBC have worked with the Birkby Practice to support the employment of Apprentices and their progression on to permanent roles. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to start their career withing the NHS.
Typical Daily Duties:
- Answering the telephones – Dealing with enquiries, Making appointments, Taking repeat prescriptions over the telephone and booking home visits
- Filing – Correspondence from hospitals including reports from tests etc.
- Typing – Referrals letters to hospitals, Confidential reports and other letters as requested
- Scanning – All hospital letters and other insurance reports and filing into the System One Computer
- Audit assistant – Dealing with all the letters from solicitors and photocopying medical records and attending the entire practice meeting
- Any other duties as required by the Doctor and the Primary Care Trust