Membership Customer Support Apprentice – National Market Traders Federation
Membership Customer Support Apprentice
National Market Traders Federation
The NMTF was founded in 1899 as the National Market Traders Federation and are the only national trade association for market and street traders, events retailers and mobile caterers in the UK. The headquarters of the NMTF, is located in Hoyland, Barnsley, South Yorkshire.
This role entails general customer service and administration duties to ensure flexibility on all aspects of smooth running of the main office. Good communication skills and an outgoing personality are important in this role. You will also be required to work deadlines. However full training will be given.
Duties will include:
- Dealing with incoming telephone enquiries from current and potential new members;
- Telephone exit interviews with lapsed members;
- Dealing with membership renewals and processing payments;
- Dealing with customer email enquiries;
- There will also be a requirement for basic administration duties to be completed, such as filing, faxing and photocopying;
- Copy typing;
- Postal duties – distribution and franking of post;
- Data input
- Collating information and problem solving.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will gain a Customer Service Practitioner Standard. Completion of this apprenticeship will lead to eligibility to join the Institute of Customer Service as an Individual member at Professional level. On successful completion of Level 2, you can move on to study Level 3 apprenticeships, such as Customer Service Specialist and Business Administrator Apprenticeship.
If required, you will undertake Functional Skills in English and Maths at level 2.
Training will take place remotely via Teams, with sessions taking place one day every fortnight. Your dedicated tutor will also visit you in the workplace every 8 to 12 weeks.
From 1st April 2023, the National Minimum Wage for Apprentices will be £5.28 per hour.